Thursday, April 30, 2009

STRINGERS

As I am typing this, I'm wondering how long I'd be able to post like this.

As I am typing this, our recording is playing in the background.

As I am typing this, my keyboard is gradually getting wetter and wetter.

No don't get me wrong, I am not disappointed nor am I angry or sad.

These are tears of joy for me. No, not only me, your seniors and I were on the phone, listening to it, crying.

SNSTRING

We were good. No matter what others think, we were good. We played with all we had, gave it our best shot and let me tell you this. I don't and I never will regret what we did, what we played.

Yes we lost what we had wanted but we gained so many new things in the process. The other orchestras were fantastic, snstring please don't criticize. Learn from them, and improve ourselves. We have so much we can learn from them, every single one.

This is not our final year in SYF. Not for SNSTRING.
2 years, 4 years, 6 years, 8 years and even more later, you stringers will still be performing.

We got a gold this year. Let me tell you this, we won't be denied an honours for long. Who do you think we are?

We're SNSTRINGERS aren't we?

One time isn't going to put us in a slump forever.

My dears, cry now if you want. Cry and relieve all the stress we have been carrying on our weary shoulders. But promise me stringers, that once we're done crying, pick yourselves up again and move on.

Reach for higher places and grasp the stars. Because we want to, because we can.

I have never been so proud of something before. I am not disappointed with us, never was. What I am feeling right now is really too complex to be put into words and this feeling is something only we stringers can understand. Only we, who played on that very stage can understand.

It's alright if everyone else thinks that we're screwed. Because we're not. We all know that don't we stringers? It doesn't matter if all everyone else want is the result because we know that deep down, we've gotten it already.

I'm not asking you to delude yourselves. But just know that SNSTRING was brilliant. Know that and strive to be better, better and then, the best. We were true performers on the 29th.
True snstringers and I love you all for that.

Our love for string exceeds gold with honours.

SNSTRINGERS we have one last performance this year! Practice and we will show the world what we're made of. Let your love for Rounds and Britten grow. Don't let 2009 become a painful memory, it is not,
We will spend the rest of this year growing closer, becoming stronger. We will spend the rest of 2009 in joy.

We deserve it don't we stringers?

This is my last year wearing our beautiful uniform, Jubilate is my last. Make this the best Jubilate we have ever played in.

SNSTRING

OUR BITTERSWEET MEMORIES OF 2009 WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN WILL THEY?

No comments: